Diver-NETZ Mobile FAQ
Below is a list of frequently asked questions for the Diver-NETZ Mobile.If you have a question that is not listed here please contact our technical support team.
How does Diver-NETZ Mobile work?
The Diver is suspended on a Diver-DXT cable with on top the Diver-DXT. The Diver-DXT sends information (data) wirelessly to the Diver-Gate(M). The Diver-Gate(M) can be wirelessly connected through Bluetooth to a Windows Mobile based device. On this device the Diver-Mobile application needs to be installed to communicate with the Diver. The Diver-Mobile application will store the Diver data and can optionally send the data to a FTP server.
What do I need to know about Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a simple two-way wireless radio technology that allows different devices to connect between each other without the use of cables or infrared waves. This technology is robust, low-power and low-cost. The short range radio link provides connectivity between different devices, such as mobile phones, PDAs, PCs and other electronic devices. It is designed to be used in small range communication and allows voice and data communication. It operates in the 2.4 GHz radio spectrum. Each class provides a different power output and they have different communication ranges. This is certified in three different types of standard: Class 1 (100 meters), Class 2 (10 meter), Class 3 (1 meter). The Diver-Gate(M) has a Class 2 (10 meter) Bluetooth module.
Can I use a mobile phone?
Yes, you can use an Android mobile phone. The following hard- and software requirements are needed to install Diver-Mobile on a mobile phone running Android:
- Android version 4.0 and higher
- Minimum of 4 GB of Flash memory (SD card)
- Minimum of 128 MB of RAM
- Bluetooth version 2.0 and later
- GSM/GPRS option and a data plan in case you want to send the data to a FTP server
Can I use a laptop?
Yes, you can use a laptop with Diver-Office 2012.1 or higher. Visit the Diver-Office product page for more information and to download the application.
In what languages is Diver-Mobile available?
The Diver-Mobile application is available in the English language.
Can I use my own FTP server?
Yes. In the Diver-Mobile application you can set the address of the FTP server.
What are the requirements for a FTP server?
The FTP server must be a standard none secured FTP server.
What to do when there is no Bluetooth connection between the Diver-Gate(M) and the mobile device?
To resolve this issue, take the following steps:
- Check the Bluetooth LED of the Diver-Gate(M). This LED should blinking fast (almost continuously on)
- If the Bluetooth LED doesn’t blink at all (not even for a short period) the Diver-Gate(M) has to be paired. Follow the Bluetooth pairing procedure
- If the Bluetooth LED does blink but will not go into an almost continuous mode (indicating the Bluetooth connection), the Bluetooth of the mobile device is not visible to the Diver-Gate(M). Change the Bluetooth settings of the mobile device to “Always Visible”
- If the Bluetooth LED indicates a Bluetooth connection but the application cannot find the Diver-Gate(M) it is possible that the serial port check box in the Bluetooth settings is not ticked. Tick this box (enable serial port) and try again.
I don’t have Bluetooth connection between the Diver-Gate(M) and a mobile device anymore but it worked in the past?
Check if Bluetooth is enabled. Check the Bluetooth status on your device (PC, mobile device). Some devices also have a switch that shuts down all radios (WiFi and Bluetooth). Make sure this switch is on.
I do not have a radio connection between the Diver-Gate(M) and the Diver-DXTs?
Please follow the next steps:
- If you have no connection after 30 seconds you may be out of radio range. Try to move closer to the Diver-DXT and re-establish the connection. Try this a few times from different locations.
- From 07:00 PM to 23:00 PM the radio of the Diver-DXT will be in sleep mode to save battery capacity. Making a connection can therefore take more time (longer than 5 minutes).
- Make sure you use the correct Network ID. For selecting the correct Network ID see the Diver-Mobile Manual.
- The radio connection can be distorted by Wifi signals transmitting at the same radio band of Diver-NETZ.
- Check if the Radio LED on the Diver-Gate(M) is blinking during scanning and continuously on during data transfer. If not, the problem could be the Diver-Gate(M).
Diver-Mobile is unresponsive. What should I do?
Go to Task Manager and shut down the Diver-Mobile application or give your field device a soft reset. How to do this is described in the user manual of the field device.
How long does the battery in the Diver-Gate(M) last and how can it be recharged?
The fully charged battery of the Diver-Gate(M) can be used for 10 hours without the need for recharging. The Diver-Gate(M) is recharged through the USB port on the Diver-Gate(M).
The battery is fully charged, but when I turn on the Diver-Gate(M) all the LEDs go off after a few seconds?
When a Diver-Gate(M) with fully charged battery turns off or if you unplug and plug the internal battery, it is necessary to follow the following procedure:
- Connect the USB cable to the Diver-Gate(M).
- Switch on the Diver-Gate(M).
- The status LED should start blinking for at least 30 seconds.
- After several minutes the battery level is calibrated with the battery. The device can be turned on during charging.
Can I start/stop/reprogram a Diver with Diver-NETZ?
Yes, this can be done with Diver-Office.
What to do when you get an error while starting Diver-Mobile?
If the Diver-Mobile application generates the following error “No Diver-Gate(M) found”, there is no Bluetooth connection between the Diver-Gate(M) and a mobile device. See FAQ “I do not have a Bluetooth connection between the Diver-Gate(M) and the mobile device”.