The next generation of the SDI-12 interface for Divers is released in April 2017 as part of the Diver remote groundwater monitoring technology.
The new Diver-SDI (AS379) allows you to connect the Diver to your SDI-12 system. SDI-12 is a standard to interface battery-powered data recorders with sensors designed for remote environmental data acquisition.
The Diver-SDI is a totally new design and replaces the Diver-DCX.
New features and benefits of the Diver-SDI include:
- Major improvement (250 times) in power consumption from 25 mA to 100 µA stand-by current.
- Compatible with the latest SDI-12 protocol version 1.4 released July 2016.
- The Diver-SDI has a built-in pressure and temperature sensor for measuring real-time air temperature and atmospheric pressure.
- Automatic barometric compensation of the Diver pressure readings. No need for post-processing the pressure data.
- Dynamic density compensation for accurate water levels in saline conditions when used with the CTD-Diver. Accurate water levels when water density varies due to salt content.
- External power supply through the SDI-12 system. No internal battery required. The compact Diver-SDI can be mounted inside the well casing for long-term, uninterrupted use.